January 5, 2013

Carved in Trees, Pt. I

It was the crossing of a bridge in life
It was the first step of an untrodden road 
The excitement filled me with dread
As it is with anything mysterious and unknown
But then I was a child, ambitious and brave,
My mind untainted, my heart whole,
And love ran wildly and ferociously within me 
I was bold in my ways, fearless with my wants,
For all I know of love then, were from love songs

I saw him and I knew it was heartache
But I was oh so very carefree and naive
So I dove in heart first, without bounds,
And with my childlike faith, silly endeavours,
He soon became my every day,
And I, someone who more than intrigued him,
But I was young, who foolishly believed in perfection,
Always wanting more, demanding more, that he now
Will only ever be known as my first love, and nothing more.