June 5, 2011

Addicted

I'm stumbling towards a light in the fog
The fog seeps into my brain
The ship crashed into port
I lay among the wreckage
Smiling slightly at my fortune
As blood trickle down my face
I wiped it off and used it to draw
Your name and mine in the wet sand
A map that would lead me to your heart
And just when I thought everything was fine
I tripped and fell into a grave fit for me
And I lie there on the cool ground
Sinking, thinking, and dreaming
And I crawled slowly out of the hole
Towards your light and you open your arms,
A welcoming embrace, the right place
And when I got to you,
A familiar click, and darkness descends
And again, cyclically, I find myself restrained
And I struggled to find you,
And I just can't stay away,
I can't bear to stay away.

Hmm, I don't know why I keep using the drug analogy. Lol.