May 20, 2012

Like Light Penetrating the Water

I've been drowning for so long
Since you left my life,
Oh, you've been such a part of my life,
I don't think I ever recovered from you.
I didn't hesitate in saying that I loved you,
And I still don't hesitate now.
There were dark words that I said
Which I meant at full force then,
That I wish I could take back now.
Then and now,
Some things have changed,
Some things remain the same,
So it's no wonder
That I felt such an uncanniness
When I finally saw you again.
I didn't think much of it at first
But the hard punch to my heart did
I looked at you with a questioning look
My instincts telling me to try to figure it out,
Talk about fate, for on this day,
It would have been a year since I first met you.
I still think of you often,
But I'm afraid to think too deeply
For I fear the stirring up of the sea floor,
Fogging up the water that I worked so hard to settle.
The coldness of the water made me numb,
But I still remember too much to forget,
And perhaps you still think me heartless,
But you are you to me, all along.