September 14, 2011

Unsaid

10.06.2012
You don't deserve my words.
The person I wrote this for,
Was someone I thought was different,
Than this monster that finally removed his mask,
Who is incapable of looking in the mirror
And looking into himself
To realize, that it never had to end this way.
You are trying to dig a way out
By digging out the past,
But you're just digging yourself a hole
In hopes of resurrecting what died.
But it's dead. And you're killing yourself with it.
You want to drag me down with you,
But it's not something I consented,
So please, just stop,
Just watch your actions and your words,
Because what you called me out to be,
Is exactly who you are.

Nothing I said
Or written in any way
Can penetrate
Your heavily-fortified gate.

My every approach meant
Acts of encroachment
And I'm afraid to get near
For fear of losing something dear.

So I tied my message to a dove
Set flight over the wall and above
But your defense was on high thereof,
And shot down my love.

I don't know what else I can do
My tears are morning dew
The sun shines, but the world is dark
Because I share it with the whole of you, so hark --

There's nothing I can say
Or write in any way
That can penetrate
Your refusal to open the gate,
But know I'll be sitting here
Now and for passing of years,
Should you ever need me to catch your tears,
Listen to your fears,
Because our bond will never disappear.