September 21, 2011

Blank

My life is a crumbling sandcastle,
The one you helped me build,
I watch, still and emotionless,
As your unforgiving waves come crashing,
Washing away all that I am,
Wiping away all my dear memories.

My heart stopped beating
The moment you walked away,
The doctors pronounced me dead, so
They carried out an autopsy on my heart
Hoping to find some secrets and answers,
But they gasp, finding it eerily empty and hollow.

And I don't know how to survive
When every time I fall apart,
You prevent me from piecing myself together
And I'm never whole anymore
And I become even more fragile, for
I am drained of any passion or love.

I'm kneeling on the floor, my vision a blur,
As I hold the pieces of my life in my hands,
I'm trying to put it back together,
But my tears dilute the glue, and it's all a mess,
I close my eyes and emit a soulless sigh,
And I feel nothing at all.