March 14, 2015

Cigarettes, Alcohol & An Old Friend

On Pi Day, I hung out with my friend of... *thinks* nearly 10 years. Holy shit. 10. Fucking. Years. Well to be fair, we weren't really close friends the first two years, but hey. It was such a fun day, I thought I'd dedicate a post to it. I'm sure he doesn't mind, haha. And so here we are, inside of a Victoria's Secret (he said he wanted to see what it was like inside and didn't want to go in by himself (because that would be really awkward) and so used me, his very dear female friend, to gain entry... that fucker), taking a selfie after we had both gotten our haircuts (he said he saw at least two people checking me out while we were walking on the streets after it, huehuehue). I win the award for most awkward stance. As always.
I swear to God, I have never, ever, drank alcohol this early in the day... But in retrospect, it wasn't such a bad idea because the whooziness made the art-viewing more interesting. And I was all like, "Hey girlfriend, want to share a quiche?" And so we did. In place of a pie. (The truth of the matter was, I ate most of that. *shifty eyes*)
I don't want to admit it, but this is the first time I've ever been to the Vancouver Art Gallery. *shifty eyes* Anyway, this was us, outside... because he wanted to smoke before going in. Tsk tsk... I can feel my lungs dying to second hand smoke that I've been inhaling lately... *sigh* What else can I do when I want to hang with people I enjoy hanging with?!
So. Much. Stool...s. *giggles like a little girl*
Then I took some crooked pictures with the camera on my phone. And yes, you were right, friend, I really did enjoy the painting that you liked most, the one called "The Bathing Pool." (I would post it, but we weren't allowed to take pictures of it, and so this one will substitute it... It's not the same, but I like this one too, for some reason...)
Then we went to the Andy Warhol exhibit because no one would go with him. This is my favourite from it.
This may be the reason why we are friends. Even though he totally grosses me out with his view on "hygiene" (let us not forget the time when he picked up horse poo and tried to throw it at me...), I really admire his "I don't give a shit" attitude about some things. We can all learn to be more carefree...
After we ate ramen (the best I've ever eaten thus far), we walked the streets of downtown Vancouver. Singing songs out loud (well it was mostly him, but he tried to me make because, "Who cares? I'm your only audience!")... and lying in the grass and looking at the very grey-blue sky (despite knowing my germaphobia, he convinced me to do it and though I was hesitant at first, I gave into it... and it was actually quite nice and peaceful...)
I had a good day with my dear friend of many years. He taught me to be free and care less about unimportant things... and tells me, "Everything will be alright."