February 9, 2015

The Fall

I had originally planned for this to be a hopeful piece... until I realized that it could be incredibly sad too...
 I had a hard time drawing this, but I wanted to. So badly. 
I got frustrated with it at one point and just left it. Until today. 
I decided to add more dark hands and shading. 
I love shading. I like seeing the veins of the fibre in the paper appear, making it very alive somehow... 
Anyway. There is so much imperfection in this drawing and it didn't turn out exactly how I imagined it in my mind,
but it feels exactly the way I wanted it to feel...

And even though it can have two meanings, 
I so very badly want it to be the one of light. 
...I so very badly want her to be rescued... 
Even I am calling out to my own drawing,
"Please! You're so close. Just a little bit more and you'll have her! Hurry! Before it's too late!"...