December 16, 2008

Dance

I am tired of the life that I lead
I hate the fake inquiries
Of how I am
I just want to run away
Not cowardly, but with relief
Start a new plan,
Without forced disguise

And I just want to dance
In the loneliness of the night
Freeing myself from the impurities
I want to dance away
The trouble I dare not face
Had I not have the fear
Of confronting my fears, I’d be liberated

One day, the smile will crumble down
No longer will I be able to hide
No longer will I be understood
Because people’s sympathies
Are just ways to dig further
Into the wounds
Exposed, infectious

And I just want to lose myself
In the sense of wonderment
Dancing into the night
For once watching the stars
Shine down on me
Lifting the pressure off my heart
Lifting me from this fake existence

So play that music,
Because I never want to stop.

Writer's note: conformity is actually a really scary thing. Society, when have you become so inhumane?