December 11, 2008

Il

I saw it in his eyes
I felt it in his heartbeat
I heard it in his voice
I found it in his hands

The unassuming faith in me

I thought of him when it rained
I remembered his stance, his equanimity
I want to observe this mysterious artifact
And I never want to look away

I wish to fall asleep in that gaze

He is the one, finding new ways to make me smile
He is the one, trying to understand my unexpressed words
He is the one, reassuring me when my sensibility abscond
He is the one, teaching me the meaning of love

He, he holds my hand gently when I despair

He is the freedom I don’t have to search for
Without him, I don’t know what trust is
He is the remedy to my stubbornness
His happiness is an epidemic at the darkest times

Making me cry out the strictness

He radiates a different warmth than the desert sun
He is the long awaited spring to an age of unbearable cold
With him, ersatz has no meaning
I cannot picture him without his confident touch

He thinks I’m beautiful when I laugh

He is the trophy to my triumph
He is the handkerchief when sorrow gets to me
He is the reason why I have hopes
He is the magician who got me a star from the night sky

I can believe in this dream coming true

The person with an undying heart for me
The person who will never leave my side
The person who secretly smiles at my silliness
The person who acts silly just to stop my tears
The person who will never let me experience disappointment
The person who would approach me even if I’m being unreasonable
The person who knows how I feel with one glance into my eyes

…is he.

Writer's note: after some romances (successful or not, lol), inspired my pen to compose the perfect man in my life. CAN I believe in this dream coming true??