April 18, 2015

Perspective

And you wondered to yourself, how you ever let her fade away from you like that...
...That was the original intent of this hand drawing. But the more I drew, the more that intent dissipated... Perhaps the optimistic side of me has been battling the pessimistic side of me... This drawing could also have a hopefulness to it too -- it is not a disappearing of, but rather, a formation of. He is not letting her go... It is with his touch, his open hand, that she is becoming whole again, real again... I like both meanings, though I am probably leaning more toward the positive one at the moment because my mood is fairly neutral, with a tint of peacefulness. It will probably change to the more negative connotation when I feel down. For now though, I am enjoying its sweeter interpretation. ...And no, I haven't been hand-obsessed lately... *shifty eyes*