January 18, 2015

I wanted to write an updated "About Me"...

...but it's much too long. So I'll just post it here instead. Ha! It was pretty fun to write, because I tried to write it as honestly as I can. Unabashedly.

"I am probably, the most awkward person you will ever come across. I usually mean well, except when I don't, but that's rare. I pride myself on my nicety because there's nothing wrong with being too nice. And I live by that notion. I am not the most articulate person, except when I am impassioned. I write better than I talk. I listen better than anything else. I am not the easiest person to understand, but I am not very complicated. I ruminate too much for my own good. I also care too much about what other people think of me... I think I care too much in general, which can be a burden sometimes. I am a sensitive person, but not as sensible. I am way too emotional. I want to think that I'm not superstitious, but I am, and I am slightly ashamed of it (only slightly). I often have way too many immature thoughts... which is the reason why I smirk a lot (with the occasional giggle). I'm not entirely insane. I'm very grey when it comes to choosing things. I am always middle-ground. I am a very indecisive person. I know exactly what sound I like in music, though I can't always describe it. I fall in love easily, but I love very hard. I am moved by the smallest gestures. My heart hurts when I am very, very sad. I don't like crying in front of people. When I laugh out loud, I laugh very loud. I have a much too-great affinity for butterflies. I am a Moongazer, not by trade, but by being. I like to believe that even inanimate things have feelings; we can all take a kinder approach to the world. I talk to myself more than I should. Again, I'd like to reiterate that I am not entirely insane. Sometimes I think I have an anxiety disorder. I like making things with my hands. I do a lot of introspection and reflection. I'm shy, but I'm not when I choose not to be. I love deeply, those that have touched me deeply. There are many names carved on my heart. I don't always know what to do, but I always strive to do what is right, and to make things right if I've done wrong. And I've done a lot of wrong in my two decades and a half of life... What I'm afraid of most, is becoming someone that I dislike. I also hate the feeling of coming to the end of something. I will always try to smile, which is probably why I sometimes laugh when I am utterly depressed. I fantasize a lot. I dream of the day when I am at peace with myself. I believe in romance. I love being inspired. I have a hard time letting go of things. I don't always like change. I am a sentimentalist. I like giving things names, and to give material things meaning. I don't have much aspirations, except for the very fundamental one, that I always try to be as nice, as kind, as generous as I possibly can. I hope one day to be a great poet whose words make people realize those ineffable feelings that they have felt for so long. I want to become an artist who is able to draw whatever the mind conjures up. With all that said, and everything unsaid, this is the place where I am at the most peace with myself, where I feel safest, in the words that I'm afraid to say out loud, but unafraid in writing down for strangers to read. This is my catharsis. This is me undone. This is me in pieces and being put back together. And I believe, above all... que un coeur, c'est tout que tu as besoin."