January 8, 2015

A doodle a day, keeps the sadness away...

She will slay you with her eyes. The Guitar Heroine. Shredding evil for days.

This is me when I listen to Snow Patrol.

Those eyes will haunt you in your sleep...

He then closed the gap between them and held her tightly to him. He buried his face in her hair, and as if saying it to himself, he whispered, "...and I'm never letting go..."
*

I bought a blank doodle book last month because I was inspired by Mary Doodles and her daily doodles. I didn't finish my last doodle book though... and even though I don't like starting on a new book when I still have one that I can draw in, this one is much smaller and compact, so it's easier to carry around.

And I wanted to be brave.

Drawing humans and drawing with a pen. Eeps! But it's the thrill of taking that first step forward and facing your fears inspires me so and I wrote down a long list of things that I want to draw. The above four were on the list.

I guess I'll give a short explanation of how these doodles came about...

I don't know where Guitar Heroine came from. I guess it's partially inspired by Left 4 Dead because there's a guitar melee weapon that you can use in that game. ...I have a thing with drawing large, nonhuman eyes, haha. But I love how fierce and unafraid she looks.

The second one... Well, to be honest, I just wanted to draw a cute koala and a Snow Patrol snowflake, lol.

And the large eyes again. They're so creepy looking, but so mesmerizing at the same time! I love the way her hair turned out though. The black ink makes it look so glossy.

And finally the last one. I've never been an avid manga/anime fan, but I enjoy the art. Mainly because of the hair, haha. I enjoy drawing hair.
Even though I like this doodle, it's poorly done because I needed to depend upon words to express everything I wanted to. The dialogue and the caption... I just want for this doodle to be a happy one, despite the fact that the art is sad. It's romantic. I'd like to say. And though simplistic, I'd like to think reaches deep. Every time I look at it, it makes me want to cry, haha... The ardent declaration of love for someone, to utter, with such conviction, that you love someone, that you love the entirety of them, is something that will always move me in ineffable ways...

This new doodle book is also a way of encouraging myself to draw everyday and drawing things quickly. It is meant for me to spill things out without thinking too much about it or fussing too much over it... because I know I take ages with my doodles sometimes, with just how exactly I want a particular line to turn out, haha.