September 5, 2013

Steampunked!



All I knew is that I wanted to draw something steampunk-y. I didn't really have any idea other than that. This doodle started on August the 17th, lol. I guess I wanted to convey the idea that beneath the fluffy exterior, we're all just machines underneath (that's why the cogs and gears are showing through). Positioning of each of the critters proved to be difficult too. At first I was thinking of a tea party (I am the reference point in this doodle)... But then the angle was off. So why not just go crazy. 

The bunny in this doodle doesn't represent anyone really. I was just reminded of the bunny that I would see on most of my walks and figured why not. It's so cute. :3 

There are so many oopsies in this doodle. As always, it's not straight, lol. Second, because I free-hand all my drawings, one of the cogs is imperfect, lol, and that's why I covered it with the curved metal thinger at the top. And third, the angle of the table... yeah. lol Oh and Dizzy is accompanied by a cupcake because there was too much room on the swing and I didn't know what else to draw. 

I originally thought of a story to go with this doodle, but I have since forgotten what to write. 

I think it went something like this:

I often walk by this large window. I would look in and see myself.

*shifty eyes* Mmmhm.