April 19, 2013

We're Killing Floorz! (with bonus pics)

So this is the sketch.

This is the final copy.
*

An updated KF doodle was long overdue, especially since Ren complained that I didn't include him in the last one and the fact that Squidy started playing KF too. 

I wanted to do something different this time. So I went through my screenshots library and found a screenshot to my liking (it was me playing on suicidal difficulty on the patriarch wave on the waterworks map). I then drew everyone out by hand, and planned the layout. 

...Took pictures of the doodle and commenced with the photoshopping.

I'm still no master of selection, as you can still see some white outlines around our little critter selves. I tried to amend it by using different blending options. And that was the best I could do.

This photoshop project took a whopping 53 layers. (Probably not a lot to others' standards, but it's a lot for me, lol.) It took so many layers because I had to do each perk symbol, each person's health, each person's health/armour symbol individually. So basically, each person took up 6 layers. Not counting the background, adjustments, etc.

All of our health bars correspond to the actual health that I had when I played that specific perk. (Yes, I have a lot of in-game screenshots.) And I decided to make everyone lvl 6, just because. We're all OP in my mind. ;)

Andddd, yeah. Oh yeah, I got lazy and totally just cut over t-joe's turtle with the poopbomb from the last doodle. >.> Hehehe.

And yes, t-joe, I also got lazy with your AA12. I was going to draw a dual one for you, but then I was like... no. Hehehehehehehe.  
OOO Yes, I'm very happy that Jay got lazy. Hehehehehehehe.

I also contemplated on whether to add the "Your squad survived" text that always appear at the end of the game if you've beaten the patriarch. But that always sort of annoyed me because it wrecks the screenshot if we happened to pose/do something cool. For authenticity's sake though, I did add it in, and decreased its opacity.  

This picture showcases a blending option called "stroke." I dunno. I kind of like it because it really alleviated the white outline and gave it an almost comic-book-like feel. But at the same time, it really separated us (even more so) from the background. So I dunno.

This version features drop shadows and the dusk effect (which I love).
I've finally caught up in the amount of posts I have on my old, no-longer-in-use blog. This is my 380th post!