February 6, 2012

Anchor

It's blame because you withhold it
From me for so long, then throw it in my face,
It's blame because I feel the need to defend myself.
You make me out to be a colder person than I really am,
Out of your love, I can only find negativity in myself
And that's not the way it's supposed to be.
Nothing you say makes any sense, except for your silence
Which tells greater truths than you ever will.
If you ever had the notion for salvaging,
You would not let your silence push me away,
And all the things you've ever read that I've written,
You only gleam its surface,
Just like the way you act and behave,
And I lost all my trust in trusting you.
All the sacrifices you made, I pitied,
But they are hard to swallow
Because if you had held me in such high-esteem,
You would not have treated me in those unkind ways;
They were just excuses to make me shed tears for you,
Tears I no longer know if you deserve.
You threw an anchor in my heart
And I once wished you'd stay,
But all I feel now is its weight
Sinking my spirit and my love,
And I can't remain this way
So I've got to sail away,
But I'll never forget the mark your anchor made.