February 26, 2012

War of Words

Where did your words
Gain the power that they did
To hurt me, inside out,
Striking me down,
Bowling pins,
Perhaps you have been
Saving all your dark memories
And used it all in one attack on me,
Because I am the only one
To have gotten this close
That you mistook for some other enemy
Trying to invade your soil,
But I wasn't, I was simply there
Trying to understand you.
And thus I tried shooting back,
But I can't seem to hit the mark,
My words can't end the war,
And you kept going
With your artillery,
Never ceasing fire,
Bombing my heart,
Because all your care about
Is winning,
And as the smoke gather
Up around you
You lose sight of the purpose
But perhaps it's your 'foresight'
Because you never wanted
Anything more than someone
To put down, to kill
Inside and out
With your words.