September 17, 2010

Dissociated

That last puff of cigarette
No longer has any effect
Doctor, doctor, will you help me?
The smoke just comes in and out
But I don't feel a thing.
Just lie on the table
And remove your clothes
I'm going to insert this knife in you
It may hurt a little.
I don't feel a thing.
Oh my my my,
What darkness and anguish in you,
Spilling out messily everywhere
Let me open your rib cage a little more
Don't hold back, just let it all out
Say, how do you feel?
Better than before.

*

My heart is an anchor
Broken off the chain
Sinking until it hits a surface
And there it shall lie
For centuries to come
In eternal sleep
Beneath the sediments and water

Rolling around in its sleep
Like it's dreaming a nightmare
Rolling until it lands on a water mine
And exploded.

*

It has become that when
Thoughts formulate in my mind
They refuse to leave my body.
As they edge closer to my mouth,
They develop a skill of ineffability.
There they sit on my tongue
But I swallow them by accident
And I become the thoughts I digest
You can never know them.


Composition started on Aug. 30th, 2010