June 11, 2013

I'm learning something Asian!

I couldn't resist taking a picture of the filling before I put another layer of rice and wrapping it up. And look at my super cool nailpolish! Although it looks silvery-blue, it can also look green! :O

This picture, the next one, and the last one were taken by my dad. I just wanted to post this one because it shows my legendary teddy bear apron. Heh heh.

Team work! Actually, it's just my mom helping me/showing me how to tie it up.
As I slowly get the hang of it... This might've been the prettiest one I made, lol.

My first sticky rice dumpling! (I don't really know why it's called a dumpling...)

The first batch. I'm proud to say that at least a few in there are mine. :D
I was much too young when I first learned about the history of this "holiday." So I had to look it up again.
...It's a pretty cool story
Maybe I have panda blood in me... because I thought that these bamboo leaves actually smell pretty good. o.O
It was pretty difficult to learn at first, but the more I made, the easier it got!
I'm kinda proud of it! :)