November 6, 2010

The Difference

It's strange how we are all composed
Of the same ingredients, of flesh,
Of blood, of bones, in varying amounts.
But we are such different creatures,
The same tree but different branches,
Growing here and there, reaching.
But you took the crooked path.
So by subtracting all the limbs,
And hair, and nails, and skeleton,
You can see, my dear sister,
What makes you and I different,
Is that whilst I give life,
You bring about darkness,
The unnecessary kind.
And that while I have a heart,
You don't. And that makes you sad,
The almost-pitying kind.
So while we are all human,
I am nothing like you (made me to be),
And never will be.
So go ahead and wrap me in your darkness,
Because I'm unafraid,
And in it, my light will shine brighter.

You can make me feel low, you can degrade me.
But none of that matters, because I know that I will always be a better person than you.