July 3, 2010

Tied, Knotted, and Tangled

My legs are racing against each other
And I've forgotten where I was
I've mindlessly endured all states of the world
Never connected with my sensations
I'd like to say I am experienced,
But the truth is, it's all a blur in my head,
All the images melt into one another
Like rootless trees collapsing,
Like a wet painting, accidentally vacuumed.

He opened his eyes languidly, curtains in a window,
In them, there are still traces of his dream
I looked into these orbs,
And saw myself and the entire world
This shiny reflection is expressive and ineffable,
Like when one has saw something horrid,
Like when one has encountered something magical,
Like when one is overcome with incandescent joy,
Words are falling like Kamikaze pilots.

Humans have twelve cranial nerves,
Distinct functions each one serves,
All of them in me, lack verve,
All my emotions and thoughts, I conserve
In hopes that they be preserved,
So that my true self, from which I will never swerve
These memories which will save me,
can they be reserved?