July 26, 2010

Fear, Doubt, Resignation & Redemption

I'm wandering aimlessly in a desert
A fear settled in my heart that I'll never get out
I'm going to die without a doubt
I'm holding up a white flag, becoming inert

A question always comes up
What's the point anyway?
If my end shall be today,
Why should I pray and hold up my empty cup?

I'm lying feverishly in the sand
Close my eyes and sent my soul to do the will
But I might as well lay yonder that hill
Taking my last steps on this land.

Step by step, I've achieved peace
Thinking back, I've no regret
All my self-expectations have been met
Except for this, ergo my ambition increased.

No, I've retracted my white flag
For my life, I will not beg
I'm already covered in rags
I'll stand and continue on my two legs

The wind knowingly blew me onto the right path
Or was it all my own doing?
There's a destination I'm going
to, and nothing's going to stop me, even His wrath.

And I don't know how I got there
But I placed my hands on the core of my body
Human fear and doubt I've made a parody
I've got everything I need, hands still there, right here.