April 11, 2016

Pearl Lariat Necklace

Ever since I saw the Chanel Coco Mademoiselle advert with Keira Knightley, I couldn't stop thinking of the necklace that she wore (as an anklet at first). Now, since I probably can't afford the real necklace, I thought I'd make a necklace similar to it myself.
Et voila! This is my second project of the year. I think it turned out fairly well for what it is. Made my fingers hurt, but I'm pretty happy with it. I have this love-hate relationship with the magnetic clasp because although it's unique, it keeps sucking up the chains and making them stick together. I dunno, I also contemplated changing it to a lobster clasp, so that way I can vary the length of the hanging part of the necklace, but then I don't have a really nice-looking lobster clasp. And then I thought of using the looped part of a toggle clasp, but... it's not very secure. I'll have to wear it more to see. For now, fairly satisfied! I'm enjoying the freshwater pearls (gifted to me by my grandpa) at the bottom and the metal connector that I made for it. Woohoo!