June 7, 2015

Douglas

So after drawing Angelina Jolie, I decided to draw my friend, Doug. On my list of ideas to draw, I wanted to draw a person smoking. Though the picture I used of him had cigarette smoke in it, he wasn't smoking-smoking. So I might have to do another. Anyway. I had to look at his stupid face for like two days and discovered all these flaws on his stupid face. Hahaha! :P I'm just kidding... Anyway, like Angelina Jolie, Doug has very good bone structure. I think I got his nose point-on, but everything else is pretty eh. Especially his eyes. I can't do realistic eyes! The first time I finished his face, I thought I was done until I held it up and really looked at it. ...it was pretty contorted and I was like, "Fuck. Now I have to redo his entire left side." And this was the result. I still need more practice with drawing human things. This is with the smoke added-in. I ended up using charcoal for it... it's difficult because in the picture the smoke was white, but I don't want to do more shading with the rest of the picture... so yeah.
The bigger, brighter picture. I also softened the edge of the smoke...