October 22, 2013

A Creature of the Mind

I'm not sure if I am allowed to post this for all to see, but what the heck. I drew it, lol. This, is an Arcturus. It's a creature that I thought up, so I guess it's original in that sense. Its composition, not so much so, since it is made up of a bunny's head, a cat's eye shape, a dog's body, a koala's limbs, and a dragon's wings. I wanted his name to be something meaningful too. So I looked up the brightest stars in the sky. The brightest star in the sky, not counting the sun, is Sirius. Although it's a good name, it's... known. I wanted something a little more obscure I guess. Arcturus, is the fourth brightest star in the sky and has multiple connotations in different cultures/religions. Perfect.
Sorry for the lack of posts recently. I just didn't have anything eventful to write or post about. I have a lot of drafts I still have to finish, but have been feeling uninspired. Soon.jpg