February 4, 2013

A Title-less Piece


As per my coo friend t-joe's request, this is what came to mind when he suggested, "Towering inferno." 
Well, I had planned on adding silhouettes of a burning city and a tree perhaps, but then I took a step back and thought this was sufficient.
That, or I got lazy...
Shh...

Anyway. This is the second drawing I did for this... doodle. 
I screwed up the first one because I drew in the little critters first before I painted.
I screwed up the background because the watercolour dried before I could blend it. 
And the black pen I used wasn't water-proof. -__- 
SO, this time around, I painted the background first, and then drew in our creature selves. 
I didn't bother too much with colouring them in because I thought that it kind of looked like we're so surrounded by fire that we reflect the fire... 
That's what I'm sticking with.
And the shadow on our bodies can be interpreted as shadows.. or us crisping up. 
You decide. :D

After I was done, I just sat there, looking at this, and I couldn't come up with a good idea for a title.
Normally, that's a pretty fun part of doodling -- coming up with a name for it.
But this time, maybe because there's so little elements in it, I had trouble thinking of an appropriate one.
At first I thought I wanted to name it "Oops..." 
Or "Campfire Gone Wrong"?
Then I was like, "Put It On the BBQ"? 
"We Just Like to Watch the World Burn"? 
"Marshmellow World"?
"The Dancing Flames Within Us"? (Yeah, this one's super cheese.)
"Ooo, colours! Oh Wait, Lord Jesus, it's FIRE!"?

I just can't decide.