May 17, 2010

Eulogy for My Vanilla Ice Cream Cone

Goodbye, goodbye, it was the last time I held your hand
I'll never forget the moment, to the ground slowly, you hit
Oh, you didn't utter a sound and there you laid
As I cried out your name and lamented

Some say that you're bad for me, but I didn't care
I'd rather have had thousands of you than none at all
For I am empty without you
Your coldness is held in by a fallible wall
And only over time, can people understand
How irresistible you are
And your sweet core will overcome all

You never minded the way I looked,
Only that I consumed your love whole
And as time went on, the more I craved
Your presence's impact on my head

As I licked my lips, there imprinted, was your last touch of sweetness
And I thought of all the joyous times we've had together
You were there for my every emotion
And as your coldness bleeds away
My sorrows and curses you also take
And I thank you for your dedication and sacrifice

Perhaps it was the most glorious death
Ye, it was all part of the grander plan
So I won't worry,
For tomorrow night, you will re-incarnate.

I accidentally dropped my cone on the ground *cries* and I transformed into a 5-year-old.
Some lines were composed on the way home but Nick mentioned some "euphemisms" that were perhaps not suitable for public viewing so I took some out to keep it PG-13.
MY VANILLA ICE CREAM WAFFLE CONE... T__T